Wednesday, June 13, 2007

God's SO Funny!


So the "next big thing" is that I'm pregnant. Quite pregnant, actually, about 9 weeks. I found out on Saturday and was in complete shock. I had been wondering if I was pregnant for about a month and took a pregnancy test a couple of weeks ago but it was negative. Then the symptoms didn't go away so I thought I'd better check again. Sure enough...positive. I went running out of the bathroom screaming for George (he was upstairs having just gotten back from hiking with Jackson) and he met me at the stairs. I showed him the preg. test and said "George, you're not going to believe this. I'm freaking pregnant." He got a huge smile on his face and said "Wow! I'm happy! I can't believe it, I'm actually happy!" With that, I turned around and sat on the stairs and said "Whyyyy???" And then repeated "Oh My Gosh" over and over and over.

I had been wanting to get pregnant before all of this started with George...but I was sitting there picturing myself a single mom expecting another kid. I just couldn't fathom it.

This does make our financial situation even scarier but I do believe this is a miracle baby. Obviously all children are a gift from God and I know God's timing is absolutely perfect...and this sure did get George's attention!

George and I had a good talk on Sunday and we agreed that if we are committed to each other and our family, there will be no more talk of separation or divorce. Right now we will just have to keep the peace until we attend Retrouvaille at the end of July. Our issues remain and we need all the help we can get in straightening them out and moving forward in a healthy, loving way.

So far I have not had ANY morning sickness. Please pray it stays this way because with the schedule I am keeping I really cannot afford to be nauseous!

Thanks to all of you, too, who shared your ideas for memorizing scripture. I love them all!

4 comments:

Melody in MN said...

WOW!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on your pregnancy! In addition to pray for you three outside the womb, I'll be praying for this sweet one inside. I hope you have a good day. :)

Kelsey said...

gosh erin, i'm so excited for you! congratulations!! p.s. call me back if you have time! :) -love kelsey

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your blessing! I have been praying for your family.
I looked up retrouvaille. We have one in July too. How did you know this is the help you need? I am not sure what to say to my husband to get him to go. They emailed me the info yesterday for registration. My email is sherirs04@aol.com

loving my life said...

Wow God is big isn't He?? I will continue to pray for you and your expanding family.