Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Patience, Trust, Etc



Is ANYONE good at waiting patiently? I am trying really hard, but my chest still gets tight with apprehension.

I got a call from the agent I interviewed with at Fuller on Friday and she said she has a few more people to interview this week and then she'll make a decision. I made sure the president of Fuller knows that if this doesn't work out with Anne, I'm still very interested in the transaction manager position...and that one seems like it's mine if I want it. So I feel certain I have a job, I just don't know which one or when I'm starting...so I don't know when I need to be ready to move.

I decided to start calling about places to live yesterday, even though I don't know exactly when I'll be getting to Denver. My first call was to the McGonagles, who I used to nanny for in Connecticut. They moved to Denver 4 years ago and know a lot of people. It turns out that Anne's (McGonagle) good friend, Lydia, and her family are moving to Japan for a year and have been looking for someone to take care of their house...which just happens to be in my absolute MOST favorite neighborhood of Denver. She thought they might have already found someone but was going to call to see if it was a done deal and if not, tell her about me. I don't know Lydia, but I do know she is also friends with Mariah (who was part of that precious small group I was in) so I emailed Mariah and asked her to put in a good word for me with Lydia...which she did. I hope to hear back from Anne today. Of course now that I know I may have been a day late on this deal, I am kicking myself and hoping and praying that Lydia hasn't signed on the dotted line yet. And yes, I KNOW that God's got this all under control...and I do trust Him completely. My imagination just starts to run wild when I hear about these things.

I'll include a picture of the homes in this neighborhood so you know what I'm talking about. Also, this neighborhood is right around the corner from Cherry Creek, where the transaction manger position is.

I realized yesterday that I tend to mostly post when I'm feeling really inspired. Just so you all know, there are also days when I don't shower, don't get out of my pajamas, and mostly just eat and read a book...and then when it's dark I feel digusted with myself and vow that the next day will be different. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't!

Well...that's it for today I guess. I'll be busy preparing for the young adults small group tonight...finalizing the study and making snacks and cleaning. I'm also showing 4 houses to a girl who I'm pretty sure already knows what house she wants, but just wants to be SURE. :-) Jackson will be assisting me today. He is a VERY good assistant, as you can imagine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin, I came across your website through Noah's. I am also in a relationship that is ending. I have four children, the oldest is critically ill, the youngest is two months. I am soooo scared. During all this I am struggling to find my way back to God. Your site gives me strength. Thank-you.
Debbie
debbieh5@hotmail.com

Sheri said...

I AM NOT good at waiting. I just found out I am expecting too.
Even if this does not work out for you, something will. God is watching over you and your family. It's good to know I am not the only one who stays in her pajama's some days. Usually, its pajama's, shower, and right back into pajama's.

Debbie,
I am sorry. I will keep you in my prayers.
Sheri