Monday, July 9, 2007

What's New?


On Friday George told me he was not entirely sure he wanted a divorce. But he did say that the reason he does want a divorce is a selfish one, he wants his freedom back. I asked him what that looks like for him and when he told me, I said, "That's not true freedom. That's the kind of freedom Satan lies to you about." So he then told me that if we were to stay married, he would basically want to do whatever he wants, when he wants, and wouldn't want to hear a thing about it from me. So, it's a no go. With zero compromise, I'll continue to be abused. He also has no desire to attend Retrouvaille, so that's off. I'm certain he won't call his Aunt Irene to tell her, so that will fall on my shoulders as well.

So, now the legal separation starts and I'll be filing for divorce. I think I mentioned on here before that the VA law states that in order to be granted a divorce, a couple must be physically separated for 1 year. I feel quite certain that George will regret his decision at some point...it may be in the next year or it may be 10 years from now. We'll see.

I have no idea what to expect...I never thought I'd be a single, pregnant mom living far from family and friends. But, that's what makes this a true faith journey. I trust God no matter what! He knows what is best for me and my kids and I can't wait to see where He takes us.

Please continue to pray for God's provision in my finances, the health of this pregnancy, and for the protection of Jackson's heart and soul.

Thanks!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Praying for God to lay his hands on George and for George to grab on. Praying for God to watch over you and Jackson.
I am sorry you are going through this.
Do you think you will move back to CO?

loving my life said...

I will pray for guys.

Anonymous said...

I am amazed at your strength and envy your ability to get up every morning and still provide a life for Jackson. I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts:)

Anonymous said...

Your are in my prayers.

(Clara - a friend and former neighbor of Adrienne's)