Sunday, August 12, 2007

Adventures

First of all, thanks to all of you who have been praying for my placenta. I'm continuing to bleed every day, but have not had any major bleed-outs.

George, Jackson, and I went to Cape Charles this weekend. George's friend, Chris, came with us. I was hoping to relax, but instead was really emotional. I'm really vulnerable right now and being around George, but not being important to him is really hard to stand. So I had my biggest cry yet. I literally started hyperventilating. Thankfully my best friend, Christina, called toward the end of my crying session and helped me feel better.

That was on Friday. Saturday was much, much better...emotionally anyway. We left yesterday morning to come home and we were involved in a 4 car pile up in Viriginia Beach. We were the 3rd car in the pile up and the ones hit by the guy behind us who wasn't paying attention and so didn't realize that everyone else was stopping. I had lied down maybe 10 minutes earlier in the backseat to try to get a nap in. (We had just left Jackson with his grandma!!) So this might be the only time it was good that I wasn't wearing a seat belt because the belt would have caused a lot of impact to my abdomen. So instead of getting whiplash, I fell into the floor of George's truck and smashed my knees against the console. That was the only thing I hit. No one was seriously injured, no ambulance came. We were just sitting on the highway for an hour while the state trooper got everything filed. George's truck might be totalled, we won't know until later this week. We were able to drive it home, but the frame seems to be damaged.

George was experiencing a great deal of pain in his head, neck, and back on the drive home so after we took Chris home, we went to the ER. After examining George and prescribing him some anti-inflammatories and Vicodin, the doctor wanted to examine me as well. He looked at my knees and thought my right knee cap might be cracked so they ran some X-Rays. Not cracked, thank God! Then they took me over to ultrasound to check on the baby and the placenta. Baby looks good...and is quite obviously a BOY!!! It was about the funniest thing I have ever seen. I didn't find out Jackson's gender so I never saw his anatomy while in my womb. We got a profile shot of him and we were surprised to see that he truly does resemble Jackson. I mean, am I crazy? But his head, neck, and chest look just like my first son. And he clearly has the Szczerba noggin. This baby's gestational age is 17 weeks, 4 days. By the size of his head, the computer generated his age to be 18 weeks, 2 days. I'm scanning the picture now to see if I can post it so you can have a look.



We have already chosen his name. We both agreed on Griffin as a first name. I like both Jude and Jacob as a middle name, but was leaning toward Jude. George chose Jacob...so there you have it. Griffin Jacob!

So now George and I are at home, both unable to do much. We should really be packing. Ugh.

There's a lot more that I want to post, but I think I'll do some processing and filtering before I put it all down "on paper".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin,

Just wanted you to know that you, Jackson and the baby have been in my thoughts lately. I am glad that you and Griffin are okay after the accident. I can imagine that it must be difficult to have George around, but not in the way that you want him to be. I hope that he remembers that he is a role model to a very impressionable little boy. George needs to remember that you are the "mother of his children" and he needs to set an example for Jackson on how to treat women, especially Jackson's mommy!! You seem like such a neat person with a lot of spunk to offer. Give your energy and unconditional love to someone who will appreciate all you have to offer. Do not waste your "gift" on soemone who does not appreciate it!

weavermom said...

Wow - what a weekend! Glad you and the baby are safe!

Praying for you still!

SingerMamaMelody said...

Hey Erin,

SO glad that you guys are going to be okay! That accident sounds kind of freaky. What a blessing that you and the baby are alright. I like the name Griffin! That is so neat. I'm praying for you 4.
Lots of love..

loving my life said...

Oh wow what else huh? I am so glad all is well despite everything going on.

Anonymous said...

thinkning of you & praying for you. Laura