Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Griffin Jacob

Brought to you with permission:

Today at 5:30 Eastern Standard Time, Erin delivered Griffin Jacob naturally, without any need for induction...he died in utero. He weighed in at 12 ounces and measured 10 inches long. Erin said he has Jackson's nose, George's jaw line and a muscular build like a long, lanky basketball player (Erin has a great lean muscular build but she probably didn't say that so she wouldn't be bragging...so I added that part).

Erin was grateful that she was able to go into labor on her own. Earlier today the doctors did an amnio where they injected some sort of blue fluid and then waited to see when or if it left her body. It came out immediately, meaning there was a tear in her placenta.

She said she and the nurse and her mom have taken a lot of pictures because a photographer wasn't available due to the quick delivery.

Tonight Erin and George will have a blessing service to dedicate Griffin Jacob to the Lord.

If you are interested in Erin's contact information, please email me at: adexoxox@gmail.com. I'll get back to you as soon as possible. She does not know how long they will keep her at the hospital.

Thank you so much for your prayers. Erin said she could sense God's peace beyond measure.

20 comments:

floating-away said...

I will continue to lift you up in prayer.

Amy in Indiana

Anonymous said...

Erin,

You and your family are in my heart, thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Take care of yourself and Jackson.

Stephanie said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. I continue to keep you, Jackson, Griffin and George in my prayers.

Stephanie

Mom Of 3 said...

I am so sorry for your loss, you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

sara m. said...

so sorry to hear the news. praying for strength for all.

mommyof2boys said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. My family and I are praying for you and your family.

Love,
Paula and Family

weavermom said...

Oh, Erin - there are no words. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, and so glad that you feel God's peace beyond measure.

Praying, praying for you and your family. May God use Griffin's life for His greater glory, and may he and Noah have a fabulous time together.

Jill said...

I found your blog through Ade's blog and am so sorry to hear about your loss. While I am glad you found great comfort in knowing that Griffin has gone to be with his Father, there are no "perfect" words to hear when a child, YOUR child, is gone. In my thoughts and daily prayers. My heard hurts along with yours....

SingerMamaMelody said...

Dear Erin,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Please know that my heart aches with you, George & Jackson. I'm praying for you guys.

Much Love,
Melody

Anonymous said...

oh Erin- I am so sorry. I am praying like crazy for you guys and love you- Rachel

loving my life said...

Erin,
I am praying for your family. May God bless you in this time of pain....

Becky R.T. said...

so so sorry to hear the news. I am so sorry for your loss.

Dena said...

Oh my - Erin I just found your blog and read the ENTIRE thing start to finish in one sitting - I truly believe God lead me to you - You are such a tremendous strength!
You, Jackson, George and Griffin are in my heart and my prayers.

God bless you my dear!!!

I am soooo very sorry about your loss.

Jess said...

praying for the family during this time, I pray that healing comes and blessing reign all over their family!

Anonymous said...

Erin -

You are with me every day.

Not one of us can fathom your loss, there are no words to express the sorrow and pain that you must be feeling.

You are so strong - I am filled with strength & encouragement when I see what you are doing for your family.

Lifting Each of you up to him tonight.
LauraR

Hannah E. said...

I am so sad to hear your news. Praying much peace and comfort for you right now.

woodsyclan@msn.com said...

Erin, I am so sad to read your blog and not have known until now that you have been having such struggles. I will be lifting you up for peace, comfort and courage.

Cindi from CBS

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog through a friend's blog and I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am for your loss...

Michelle (wife, mom, daughter, sister, friend, co-worker, and striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman) said...

Erin,
I found your blog through Adrienne's blog. My heart is aching for you. May God make His peace real to you during what is sure to be ebbs and flows over the next months. I am praying for your family.
Michelle

Ginger Carter Miller, Ph.D. said...

I have been reading about your struggles and have been praying for all of you. Still praying for you in Georgia.