Saturday, September 8, 2007

It's Saturday...

So I've basically slept since Wednesday. I didn't realize how tired I'd be...and then my mom reminded that I've been on bed rest since August 1st and spent 5 days in the hospital then drove across the country and now I'm back in high altitude. And of course I thought I'd just jump back into life as I knew it.
So this morning I woke up and decided to give my lungs a little work out and took my friend's daughter for a walk on the trails in the neighborhood. It was a beautiful morning...the sun is always shining in the morning, unlike Virginia's moody skies. The walk felt great and I felt great so I finally started unpacking and organizing our "area" in our friends' house. I feel like a new woman!
I also had a fun night last night with a friend who used to cut my hair. Her salon hosted a Rack n Roll clothing party so I enjoyed trying on cute, expensive clothes and then putting them all back on the rack and enjoying a glass of wine. We were getting hungry so we went to a little hole in the wall in Castle Rock and enjoyed some fries and onion rings. My friend lost her husband to ALS last year and she has a 4 year old also...so we talked a lot about the process of getting through a hard time.
I start work on Monday and Jackson starts school. Please pray that we both adjust well!
Also, I really need to find a more permanent place to live. My friends that I'm living with are great and the setup is great, but it's temporary. So if you know of anyone with a basement apartment or mother-in-law apartment in the Denver area, please let me know! And keep your ears open (is that even a saying?) for a long-term house-sitting positition if you don't mind.
Well, it's time to go pick up Jackson from George's and then head to the art fest. Should be a good time.
Thanks again for all your prayers and encouragement. It is so good to know I have so many people helping me carry my burden.
Oh, and as soon as I find my USB cable, I'll post some pictures of our road trip!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Is it possible for me to say bad things about George? I know you dont need that but my goodness. Can i hate him for you?
Even the smallest of men wouldnt let their wife fend for herself after such a great loss. I wish i lived in colorado and had a home for you to live in.

Anonymous said...

I was getting ready to post..but Jill I couldn't have said it better!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think I missed something along the way, Did George move back to Colorado too? How do feel about that? Does that give you hope or cause you grief? Are things any better between you? Am praying for you daily, and must have missed something you wrote. Becki