Wednesday, September 26, 2007

News

I keep wanting to post but haven't taken the time to sit down and actually do it.

I cannot believe that yesterday marked 4 weeks since Griffin's death. It seems like time has flown by. I'm doing well. I was depressed for a couple of weeks...lots of fogginess and a feeling of being overwhelmed. So overwhelmed, in fact, that the simplest of decisions were impossible for me to make. The past week has been much better with less fogginess each day. My energy level is closer to normal. Instead of needing to sleep by 1:00 in the afternoon, I feel great until about 7:00 pm and then I sort of hit a wall.

About a week and a half ago I had the idea of cleaning houses for "right now" money to tide me over until my real estate biz takes off again. I use eco-friendly products to clean my own house, so I thought I'd use those products and advertise myself as "green". The more I've thought about it and talked about the idea with friends, the more I think this could be a long term business. So I'm getting it going this week and I'm calling it Green Clean. Catchy, eh? I'm looking for clients...so if you or someone you know is looking for a cleaner house, let me know! I meet with Heather from Fuller on Friday to discuss my plan of action on that front. I'll let you know how it goes.

As for my family, we are doing well. Jackson got moved up to Pre-K at his school because he had already mastered the preschool skills. He seems to enjoy this class much more than the other. He is very intrigued with outer space and his class just happens to be blasting off into space this Friday! George and I met with our old pastor and friend last week for counseling. It was a very good session, very open and honest. My plan is to be separated for at least 6 months and go to couseling once a week during that time in hopes of restoring our marriage. The separation in not a negative thing, I feel it is just as important as counseling. Please continue to pray for healing.

I am currently reading Dietrich Bonhoeffer's The Cost of Discipleship. So much of this book parallels what God has been teaching me. It's not an easy read, I have to be very focused or else I don't absorb the ideas. But I'm definitely enjoying it. I figure God is showing me my sin on such a regular basis (like daily) for a good reason. It's quite humbling...something I haven't been (humble, that is). I'm very eager to be used and I don't have any hopes or aspirations for how God uses me. I just want to make a difference for him. I know there are ways that I am used every day, but I'm feeling there is a clear call on its way.

Anyway, I don't have any life changing insights for you today. I write that with a laugh, because I know that's not what you come here for. So thanks for checking in anyway. :-)

4 comments:

Annie said...

It's good to hear from you. I missed reading your thoughts. Green Clean sounds like a good idea. I know you don't know me, but I wanted to let you know I'm praying for you, George, and your son.

Megan said...

I recently bought the book green this! and it is very informative. God gave us the tools to clean our homes right in nature, pretty awesome idea. I bet your business will take off. Take care of yourself too. Your body is still healing! I was glad to see your post. I was praying for you and wondered how you were doing.

SingerMamaMelody said...

I'm so glad to hear that you guys are going to counseling. I will pray that it goes very well. And I will also pray for you to have enough money to pay off your debt. I know what a burden debt can be. I think that your cleaning business sounds like a great idea. What products do you use? I have bought some "green" products and have really liked them, but I don't buy them all the time because they just cost so much more. I end up spending more on organic foods.

I truly wish you well with everything. My prayers are still going out for you guys...

Jen said...

Hi Erin,

I found your blog through friends who read Adrienne's blog.

My husband and I moved to the Denver area at the beginning of this year and have been visiting area churches looking for a new church home. We went to one recently that had an ad in their bulletin for a "Caretaker wanted." I know at one time you had been looking for a guest house to stay in. I don't know if this opportunity would fit what you are looking for but I thought of you and wanted to pass it along.

The description was "Position requires light maintenance work, supervision of contractors, and snow removal. Individual must live in guest house on property, which will be provided as part of the compensation. Estimate weekly time commitment is 5 to 10 hours. House is located just north of Castle Rock. Contact Bruce Fowler at 303.810.6601 if you are interested." It sounds like this would provide a residence but also allow for other work.

I am praying for you and your family.

Jennifer