Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Be on High Alert


I am on high alert. I'm no dummy, I can feel the enemy attacking from all angles. I'm so sick of him. I get it, you're trying to destroy my family, you're trying to destroy me. Get lost.

I'm doing something now that I've never done until this year. I'm doing my best to double check everything I do with God. I cannot afford to stray from His Word. The truth is, I am paying now for straying for too long. It's painful and hard, but every time I go to the Lord in anguish, in worry, or in fear, He reminds me of His promise to restore me.

Today was a rough day for no particular reason. I cleaned a house this morning and just kept replaying April through August in my mind. I didn't want to and wasn't trying to feel sorry for myself, the memories just kept coming. I was getting sadder and angrier by the minute. And that was followed by the adding up of bills that need to be paid but aren't going to get paid anytime soon. My client's house got a good scrubbing!

When I left, I had about an hour before I needed to pick up Jackson from school so I went to our new place (oh! I keep forgetting to tell you about it...will do), walked to the couch and got on my knees and just let it all out to God. By the end, I was just listening and what He reminded me was that my job is to work like the ants and His promise is that He will bring restoration to my life. Proverbs 6:6-11 & Isaiah 4:2-6

I am SO grateful for the opportunity to clean houses. This is not my dream job, by any means, but this is a way for me to earn good money without having to work an 8-5, dead end job. A JOB could quite possibly kill me. I am just not cut out for hours spent in a cubicle. I really enjoy cleaning my clients' houses and knowing that I just saved them a lot of stress and time. I know how great it is to come home to a clean house...I personally function much better in a clean house than in a dirty one. That said, cleaning is hard work. I have been so sore that I cannot walk normally. And I am going to have to pick up a few more clients to make ends meet. If you think about it, please pray for mega-strength and energy.

I'm also plunging into real estate this weekend. I'm doing 2 open houses, getting my website back up and running, and sending out marketing to all of my contacts. I know I need to work hard and then see what God has planned. Will you also please pray that I use my time wisely and that I'm able to start working with some buyers pretty quickly?

So back to being on high alert. It is sad that it took such a big smack on the bum for me to realize that I need to be on high alert. It is so clear that throughout God's Word, He is asking us to seek Him in ALL things. He gives us a very clear guide for living an abundant life. I don't mean a life without hard times. I mean a guilt-free, freedom-filled life. As Psalm 34:4-5 says:

I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me,

freeing me from all my fears.

Those who look to Him for help will be radiant with joy;

no shadow of shame will darken their faces.

Radiant with joy. No shame. Thank you for this promise, Lord! It reminds me that my work is not only in cleaning houses and selling real estate, but also in seeking my Lord's will for me and being obedient. My job is to read His Word...His LIVING Word that is new everytime my eyes fall upon it and to enscribe it on my heart and live by it.


Okay, I cannot believe that I keep forgetting to post this! Jackson and I have been blessed with a place to live rent-free!! Our friend, Scott, who was in our wedding has a house here in Castle Rock that he bought a couple of years ago. His plan was to slowly remodel it and then sell it for a tidy profit. Well last month he tore his bicep while fishing in Hawaii (you've GOT to meet this guy) and so he can't do any remodeling for at least the next 6 months. He's not living in the house and offered it to George to live there rent-free. George passed along the offer to me and Jackson and we are moving in this week. We are SO excited. It is perfect for our needs and I am so grateful to Scott and to God for this amazing blessing. My hope is that by the first of the year, I'll be able to give Scott some rent and bless him that way. So thanks for praying, y'all!!


6 comments:

Karlene said...

I don't know you but have been following your blog for several months. I thought it was time for me to let you know that I have been praying for you and Jackson. I am very sorry for your loss. I am praying for you for so many things strength, comfort, wisdom and God's peace. Your blog has continually encouraged me which I think is remarkable. Given all that you are going through you are seeking His will and guidance and giving Him glory. Your thoughts and words continue to speak to me and especially this post that we need to continually be on notice that the devil is trying to attack us and tear us down. I too often become lazy in my spiritual life and take things for granted. Thanks for speaking to me and nudging me to seek God's will everyday. I only wish you were in Ohio I would love to be able to meet you and also use you to clean my house. Anyway I feel that you have been helping me clean up my spiritual life and I say thank you for that! Hoping that things continue to work to His glory and that both of your businesses pick up. Praying for you. Karlene

SingerMamaMelody said...

WOW! That is so neat that you have a place to live! God is SO good!!! I will pray that you have more strength and that God provides for you financially. Hang in there today!

Laurie said...

Erin,

This are a few verses that blessed me this week, and I think they'll bless you as well:

Ezekiel 36:25-27
I will sprinkle clean water on you and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

I'll keep praying for you! Isn't it great to see God's blessing in your life!

God Bless!

Laurie

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin,

I'm praying for you today.

Debbie Woolsey

Anonymous said...

Erin,

You are amazing! I am so encouraged by your honesty and perseverance. God has big plans for you and your family. You hang in there, girl. We're all rooting for you. -Cristine

Michelle (wife, mom, daughter, sister, friend, co-worker, and striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman) said...

Erin,
Any chance you might take a housecleaning job in Arvada, CO?
We're not real pleased with the current service we have, though the price is certainly great.
Would love to have more information about your services, if this isn't too far for you...
Blessings,
Michelle