Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Photography and Insight

I just had to share with you what I found on my camera:














Silly guy, he knows he's not supposed to play with my camera!


So I was thinking about a line from my previous post...that says something like "things are going well for me in comparison to the last 12 months". I realized that "things" aren't going well for me...it's that my perspective has changed, my heart is more full, and I value heart and soul more than how others perceive me. I have practically no income, no home of my own, and I'm separated from my husband, plus I just don't have the family I expected to have. But I'm happier now than I've ever been. Life IS good!


Almost 2 weeks ago, George and I filed for divorce. It was incredibly emotional but came as a result of George's telling me he didn't want to continue working on our marriage. So we met at the court house and filed together and it was almost as surreal as leaving Griffin with the funeral home director. I was pretty much a bawling wreck. George and I cried in each other's arms in the parking lot and he was very open about his feelings. We decided to continue meeting with Karl and formulate a plan that works for both of us. Karl has been out of town a lot, so we will finally get to meet with him on Thursday. I am scared to believe God for a miracle. I'm afraid of putting my heart out there and it getting slammed again. Please pray that I'll just trust God. Not necessarily trust him for what I think I want, but for his best for me. This is really, really hard!


So the Angela Thomas book was great. I love her perspective and am so glad I ran to God back in April instead of living in bondage for one moment longer. I am helping to start up the women's ministry at my church, Plum Creek Community Church, and have recommended that we offer one of Angela's bible studies next year. A Beautiful Offering sounds like one I'd enjoy leading.

3 comments:

Michelle (wife, mom, daughter, sister, friend, co-worker, and striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman) said...

Erin,
My heart filled when I read your words, "I realized that "things" aren't going well for me...it's that my perspective has changed, my heart is more full, and I value heart and soul more than how others perceive me." Praise God for the work He is doing in your life, and joy in spite of grief and pain.
I am praying for God's best for you, and praying for your heart to remain full no matter the circumstances.
Blessings,
Michelle

Kim said...

The Casting Crowns song "Praise You in This Storm" come to mind. I have clung to that over the past month or so. I am 33 yrs old with 2 daughters (ages 10 & 7) and a husband and found out about a month ago I have breast cancer. I am scheduled for a double mastectomey on the 25th with immediate reconstruction. I am scared to death but COMPLETELY trusting in God and He has given me such peace, strength and everything else I need exactly when i need it.

I pray for your family all the time and I know God is going to do great things in your life.

SingerMamaMelody said...

Dear Erin,

I'm still praying for you guys...

Love,
Melody