Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Please Pray For Kim

Kim and I have never met but she has commented on this blog and is going through a MAJOR trial of her own. She writes:
I am 33 yrs old with 2 daughters (ages 10 & 7) and a husband and found out about a month ago I have breast cancer. I am scheduled for a double mastectomey on the 25th with immediate reconstruction. I am scared to death but COMPLETELY trusting in God and He has given me such peace, strength and everything else I need exactly when i need it.
October 25th is quickly approaching. Will you please lift Kim up in prayer? I will be marking the 25th on my calendar but will also be praying, Kim, that God relieves your fear and the fear of your family so that you all can fully enjoy the days before your surgery. And I am praying for the complete removal of the cancer and perfect reconstruction. I thank God that he is so much stronger than your cancer!!

6 comments:

Annie said...

I will be praying for Kim. I know how difficult the anticipation of surgery is. Sometimes you feel like you can't breath. The only way to get through it is with God. I am so glad that Kim knows God and has Him to rely on during this difficult time. I will also be praying for Kims husband and daughters that they will have strength and peace during this time. I highly recommend to Kims husband to have a group of close friends and family at the hospital during Kim's surgery. It really makes the time go by much faster to have special people around you. During my sons 8 hour brain surgery my husband and I were surrounded with many who love us. We prayed together often. It may sound callous, but we played cards in the waiting room. It wasn't fun by any means, but it kept me from dwelling on what was happening to my baby and therefore, kept me from losing my mind with grief. I pray that you, Kim and husband, have a group of people around you to support you and remind you of God's love during this time.

SingerMamaMelody said...

I will definitely be praying for Kim. May God surround her with His comfort and peace...

Kim said...

Thank you...I'm speachless. Blessings to you all.

Michelle (wife, mom, daughter, sister, friend, co-worker, and striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman) said...

The blog world is a special place. One where people touch each others' lives in such unexpected ways. As I read my favorite blogs, I often find myself praying for those I've never met, and there are times I feel blessed for no apparent reason, and I bet people are praying for me that I've never met. God uses people in such amazing ways.
Kim, my mom's birthday is October 25, and she is a cancer survivor. Maybe it's a God-incidence. I am and will be praying for you and your family...for a completely successful surgery, healing, and that you will sense God's presence and the power of the prayers of His people.
Michelle

Laurie said...

I'll be praying for Kim. I've been there - I know how scary it is. I'm an 11 1/2 year survivor! God is there - ALWAYS!
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Praying for Kim and her family tonight. I'm also praying for you. Love because of Christ, Carol