Saturday, February 2, 2008

Yeah, it's been awhile!

The past 2 weeks have flown by...I cannot believe I haven't posted in 14 days. Anyway, there are some things I want to share with you.
First, on January 29th, we received our divorce decree from the magistrate. Thank you so much for faithfully praying for us over these past 9 months or so. Honestly, it feels like 5 years have gone by...
Second, as we left the courthouse, G expressed to me his frustration with not finding a fire fighting job here in Colorado. With a court order to pay child support, he felt he needed to go where the jobs are...and that's Virginia. There are many layers to this and I am choosing not to disect him in blogland, so please pray as you feel led. He left Wednesday morning and moved to Virginia.
I was in shock for about 36 hours and also came down with the flu within hours of him telling me his plans. My heart breaks for him and for Jackson, having to be apart. I'm scared to death of doing this alone. No, not alone, but it felt that way on Tuesday and Wednesday.
I am really, really tired. My body aches, my house is a wreck, there is SO much to do. But all of that is because I love Jackson with my whole heart. He will always come first...I don't have to be perfect, my house doesn't have to be spotless, and it's okay if the bills are strewn all over my desk. Jackson reminds me that life is fun and full of adventure. He keeps me humble.
I am SO blessed to have amazing friends. Every person who has heard about the newest twist has offered to help in any way they can. I am pretty darn independent, but I will be asking for help. It blesses them to bless me.
I was so encouraged by all of your uplifting comments regarding my last post. Mean people do suck don't they? :-) I am still readying The Secret Message of Jesus (it's super-meaty with lots of Scripture references!) and here is a quote from McLaren that I just had to share: "your exposure exposes the naked greed and cruelty of your oppressors". Like I've said before, exposure can be very freeing. My sin has been exposed and examined under a microscope. It is painful, but I embrace it because once it's exposed and I've claimed it (yes, CLAIMED my own sin!!) I am set free. That's grace. There are not adequate words in the dictionary to define grace. I never got it until I "got it". Well this is going nowhere fast...what I really want to impress is that the quote I quoted is not just about people who are outright against you. It's about those who are even closest to you but might envy you or want to change you. It's about you and me.
Next post: The Truth About Divorce

4 comments:

loving my life said...

Wow Erin,
So many changes are going on in your life. I will continue to pray for you guys...

Sheri said...

I am stunned. I am so glad you have great friends there. I will be praying so hard for Jackson and you too.

SingerMamaMelody said...

Hey Erin,

Wow, yet another change is happening for you guys. I cannot even begin to imagine what you are experiencing and feeling right now, but I want you to know that I'm continuing to pray for you. I wish I was out there to help you in a tangible way! I'm going to pray also that God will bring lots and lots of wonderful helpers into your path so that you will feel and experience much support.

Hang in there...
Love,
Melody

Dena said...

Wowsa darlin' - you are getting prepped for something awesome! You will be fine and it maybe easier with less interaction although it sucks for Jackson! CHIN UP! Keep on keeping on!