Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It's April!

It's pretty hard to believe that it's been about a year since my world first got turned upside down. A year. Wow.
I have not had time to blog, to watch TV, to read more than 2 pages at a time of any book, to surf the web or read blogs, etc. Any free time I have is invested in my relationships. I like it that way.
I did have the pleasure of getting out of town last week/weekend. 2 of my dearest friends here in Colorado took great care of Jackson for me while I visited a friend who I met 16 years ago. It was so good to get out of my weekly routine and kind of immerse myself into someone else's life for a few days. I felt emotionally recharged while I was away but coming back to the daily grind was much harder than I expected it to be. I miss my friend.
Jackson and I moved into our new home 3 weeks ago. We are absolutely loving it here! It is a beautiful town home, much more beautiful than I imagined we'd be living in. I officially joined the real estate team I mentioned earlier. So far, so good and my real estate business is definitely picking up! Thank God!
My church is starting 40 Days of Community this week and I'm leading a women's group. I'm really excited to have the women in my home for fellowship.
I have so much to be thankful for. I cannot list all the ways people have reached out to help Jackson and me. I have been blown away. What continues to strike me is how much better equipped I am to offer support to those who are hurting. My heart hurts for those who hurt but I can also talk about the hope that comes only from God because even in the midst of my deepest pain, I felt God's loving arms around me and I knew He would take care of me.

No comments: