Sunday, August 24, 2008

Embark

For those of you still coming around to read, thanks.

This has been an intense week. I finished up with some clients who I started working with in May. It's been THE most frustrating project. It was usurping. All of my time, energy, and mental capacity was used to get this deal DONE. Now that it is over, I feel so very free!

I also feel able to really get into building Go Green Clean. I'm starting to actually feel passionately about it. Yay!

An interesting thing has happened. I met someone at church who shares my passion for Jesus, who loves to communicate and does it well, who enjoys the very same things that I enjoy, and I love to spend time with him. He is an excellent friend. All the elements of a romantic relationship are there except for the "go ahead" from God. I suppose that is not necessarily an element of a romantic relationship, but since we're marriage-minded it kinda is. It is an odd thing, wanting to so much to spend time with someone who is God-centered, but not being able to.

Romans 12:1-2 have been my "life verses" for awhile. Mostly the 2nd verse, about not conforming to this world, listening to and obeying God, and knowing His perfect peace. But this week God began to speak clearly to me about giving my body to Him as a living sacrifice. I know that I need to be prepared to marry quickly when I've met the right person. And I'm not ready to get married again. I am finally enjoying my independence, my space. I don't feel lonely very often and I'm not ready to say good-bye to my private little world. So, considering my chemistry with this friend of mine, and not being ready to get married, there will be no relationship. And he has some very good, respectable reasons of his own--straight from God.

It is good for me to be able to "hash" things out with someone. Often times, if I can talk out my thoughts and feelings, I have great clarity. I'm grateful my friend was patient with me, and let me talk A LOT.

Well, it is really late and I'm really tired so I'm really going to bed now.

Love ya!

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

i'm glad that your friend is so mature, and seeks first what the Lord wants for the two of you. that is truly a gift!

do i think tx will cool off... permanently? i doubt it :(. but if i lie and say it will then will you move back? haha

nancygrayce said...

I'm still reading. Sounds like a couple of people who want what God wants before they want what they want. Good for you! God bless this friendship however it turns out!

Anonymous said...

I think that this friend values you
as much as you do him. Your blog is fantastic and I enjoy reading it.
Thanks and keep up the good work.

Oh and a man is only as big as he dreams, so props to all you dreamers out there yours will come be patient and persistant. Love

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin said...

thanks anonymous. ;-)