Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Jennie Garth

Ahem. Remember when I said my life should be made into a Lifetime Original Movie?? Well, minus the scary pregnancy and loss of a baby, it kinda has. Of course, I'm talking about Fireproof.

The Story:
At work, inside burning buildings, Capt. Caleb Holt lives by the old firefighter's adage: Never leave your partner behind. At home, in the cooling embers of his marriage, he lives by his own rules.
Growing up, Catherine Holt always dreamed of marrying a loving, brave firefighter...just like her daddy. Now, after seven years of marriage, Catherine wonders when she stopped being "good enough" for her husband.
Regular arguments over jobs, finances, housework, and outside interests have readied them both to move on to something with more sparks.

Check out the trailer at http://www.fireproofthemovie.com. And go see it. I hear it's good, like Facing the Giants was good, only better. I'm going to see it Friday night on a date. Okay, just kidding. No date, that would be awkward!

4 comments:

weavermom said...

Oh, my - I actually gasped out loud when you said you were going to see it on a date! Glad the next sentence was just kidding! :)

Can't wait to read what you think about it...

Erin said...

haha! GASP!!! a date! egads!

Misi said...

What's sad is that the reason this is a movie motif is because firefighters and policeman are notorious for cheating on their wives, and I'm SO SORRY if I offend anyone. I work in EMS and I don't know what it is but jeez it's like an ego thing. And their wives are beautiful, sweet, and ahhhh so frustrating.. The story/not the wives.

lesleegp said...

I've actually read some comments on other blogs from folks that went to see the movie and it's NOTHING like it's protrayed in the trailers. Several got up and walked out.