Monday, September 1, 2008

Single

I am reading Passion and Purity for the 2nd time. Here is something I keep reading over and over:

A girl wrote to me recently, "It seems that time and patience are such key elements to following the way we were intended to go. I think with a good deal of awe upon the fact that you and your first husband waited so long in such careful seeking of obedience, and I wonder, with a lack of knowing inside, whether that is what is required."

I could not tell her that the same duration of waiting was required of her. She will have to take Christ's yoke upon her and learn of Him. I do know that waiting on God requires the willingness to bear uncertainty, to carry within oneself the unanswered question, lifting the heart to God about it whenever it intrudes upon one's thoughts. IT IS EASY TO TALK ONESELF INTO A DECISION THAT HAS NO PERMANENCE--EASIER SOMETIMES THAN TO WAIT PATIENTLY.

Truly my heart waits silently for God;
my deliverance comes from Him.
In truth He is my rock of deliverance,
my tower of strength, so that I stand unshaken...
Trust always in God, my people,
pour out your hearts before Him;
God is our shelter.

On Silence:

Never pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut.
Keep your mouth shut and show your good sense.
The man who talks too much meets his deserts.
When men talk too much, sin is never far away; common sense holds its tongue.
Don't talk too much, for it fosters sin. Be sensible and turn off the flow!
And...
You should be known for the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.

And so, I wait.

5 comments:

Misi said...

Bought the book as you suggested but MAN is it deep! And soooo hard to live out. Especially in the world we live in now. Although I know the rewards are great when we follow His commands.
God give me strength...

Erin said...

Hi Misi,
Glad you bought the book! God will give you all the strength you need...just be really willing to accept it. It is no more difficult to be pure in the world we now live in as it was 50, 100, 500 years ago. Honor is a treasure! Honor God, honor others, and honor yourself. :-)
Love ya!
Erin

Sue Cramer said...

What a beautiful post, I can tell you have a precious heart after God!

I promise you, He is faithful!

Sue Cramer said...

Yup, I did find you through Michelle! :)
That's great about your neighbors and motocross (and you too of course!) yes, tell them about my blog, I'm curiuos if we ever could have met. We stick mostly to the mid-west and east side of the country.

Kelsey said...

thank you for the part about silence... i so need to learn that!