Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tired



This has been one of those weeks that I wish I was married. I wish I had a wonderful husband who could encourage me, love on me, and share some of the load.
I don't really like being ALONE. I mean, I like some alone time, but I'm more of a partnership kind of person. And when I get some bad news that throws a big wrench in my daily grind, I'd like to have "my person" to talk to.
Last week I lost my biggest client. This job brought in 1/4 of my income. I guess I fit in with the rest of middle class America. I just wish I had "my person" to sit across from me at the dining room table and crunch numbers, get creative, and tell me it'll be okay.
I was in this phase of really wanting to date. I just wanted to go out. But when I thought about what it's like to go out with someone you don't have chemistry with, I realized that's not really what I want. So, yeah, I want to meet that special person. I've already proven to myself that I can't do as good a job of that as God can. So...like I've said, I'll wait. And pray. And let my Match.com account expire.
And in the meantime, I need to crunch numbers, get creative, and tell myself it'll be okay. I'm open to where God is taking me. And, um, I know I've asked this like a gazillion times, but could you pray for me?

4 comments:

weavermom said...

What a cute picture!

I'm sorry about your client. sigh. Praying for you that God has something bigger for you and He is just making space. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm sorry about your client, Erin. I'll be praying for you.

Sara K in OK

Steve's Girl said...

Hey Erin,

It'll be just fine :)

valerie said...

I read your comment on the Bring the Rain blog.
I just wanted you to know that God has a wonderful plan for your life. Jeremiah 29:11 says so.
He's still on the throne and He will show His faithfulness to you.
I've never been through divorce or the loss of a child. I can't imagine the pain and lonliness, but hang in there and keep on trusting God who can do more than you can ask or imagine.
God bless,
Valerie (from Oklahoma)