Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thy Kingdom Come

This is going to be short, but I wanted to get my thoughts "out" before they drive me nuts.

In 1 Thessalonians, Paul tells his church plant not to focus entirely on the return of Christ. There is so much speculation going on among Christians about what this election means in regard to the prophecies in the Bible. Similar speculation went on when JFK was elected President.

It concerns me that so much time, fear, and worry is being devoted to predictions about the future!!! Is that an answer to Jesus' prayer that God's Will will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven? Is that the Kingdom of God being lived out on Earth?

We should not get so caught up in speculating about the future that it devours the time we could be spending serving others. As someone who has been in greater tangible and emotional need than I ever could have imagined, I can tell you that thinking nice servanthood thoughts just doesn't cut it. There IS NO time to waste! The people of this nation have MUCH. The people of this nation have CHOSEN a new President. We are a powerful nation. Let's not forget the people in our country and many others who are in very great need.

God tells us to love our enemies and that goodwill can overcome evil.

Let's be the answer to Jesus' prayer.

3 comments:

Mc Allen said...

al of this is so true. It is so easy to get caught up in the why's. But God wants us to move onward and keep looking up. Thanks for the reminder, very nicely put. LA

Misi said...

Very profound post and so,so true Erin!
I'm glad to hear someone speak the Truth w/ the same mind-set as myself. I was not overly concerned w/ the election results because ummmm Hello people?? God already ordained it.
ALL OF IT!!
So, live your life as a Godly Christian and soak yourself in His Word. The rest? Meh... Peaches and cream people. Peaches and cream.

Pastor Linda said...

I agree!!