Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Times, They Are A'Changin'

Well, right now, Jackson's Dad is driving across the country to move back to Colorado. He will arrive tomorrow at some point.

Jackson was starting to really suffer from not having his Dad around so this couldn't be happening at a better time. I'm feeling pretty protective of my kid...since we've spent the last 9 months together, just the two of us. Even though the break will be good for me and Jackson getting to spend time with his Dad is invaluable, I'm sad that I'll have to start sharing him again. Sigh...

We had a great Thanksgiving at Adrienne and Jason's house and have just been hanging out together for the last couple of days. Last night we watched Polar Express while the snow fell and then woke up this morning to a considerable amount of white stuff on the ground. Beautiful!

Things are pretty peaceful around here. Just work, school, Bible studies, playing with friends, and church stuff. That's pretty much just the way I like it!

3 comments:

Misi said...

Has George always been so unpredictable and spontaneous? I mean by moving back and forth like he has since you guys divorced?
That's gotta be hard on you and Jackson.
And I totally understand the "protectiveness" you feel towards your boy but if his Dad is willing to be in his life then thats great!
Praying for you!!

Adrienne said...

Sharing sucks :) It's like having to use all the skills we learned in elementary school again! Who needs it:) Just kidding! Sharing is good...sharing is good...repeat...

Mc Allen said...

where are ya Erin? I hope your doing well and hurry back!! LA