Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Eliminating Sugar

I must hit the hay soon but I didn't want to leave you hanging.

I lost 4 pounds last week and 1 inch from my waist. I need to clarify that I'm not actually measuring around my natural waist (that is 28 inches), I'm measuring at the fullest part of my abdomen which is right at the top of my hip bones and hits my belly button dead-on.

I hadn't thrown out all of the sugar in my house. I still had some chocolate covered graham crackers and marshmallows so Jackson could roast s'mores on the stove. Well, on Friday I got home before Jackson got out of school. I had a nice, healthy lunch and then started thinking about the s'mores. So I had one. Mmmm, it was so good. So good, in fact, that I had another.

I was pretty disappointed in myself. I decided I needed to take drastic measures so I threw away the cookies and the dark chocolate squares in my pantry. Jackson: not pleased. But, hello! He's hypoglycemic too, so he doesn't need the sugar either. I avoided sweets at Adrienne's bday party that night, I said no to birthday cake and Jackson's friend's party on Saturday, and I avoided chocolate cake at a reception after church on Sunday. I was pretty darn proud of myself.

I've lost another pound so far this week. I'm not sticking too closely to the actual FFP...mostly because I got really sick of cranberry water and I don't have the money to purchase the recommended supplements. But I'm not having sugar or white flour. Not much flour at all, really. I bought some Ezekiel bread and eat that when I need some good carbs...plus allowable fruits. Having allowable fruits makes this plan really doable. Apples, grapefruit, pears, nectarines, plums, and berries. Yum!

I did mess up last night at the last minute. I had Bible study at my house and bought some peach cobbler bread to serve the girls. I didn't have any until the very end of the night, but it was only 1/2 slice. But after the girls left, I had about 4 more 1/2 slices. I threw out the rest and decided the girls will have to do without a sweet treat next week!

Working out has been going great. Now I remember why I used to workout regularly. I feel so good afterward!! On Monday I did about 40 walking lunges along with squats and dead lifts. My hamstrings are killing me today!

Okay, gotta go to bed. 2 houses to clean tomorrow, plus a cleaning bid, and then a hardcore workout. :-)

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Dude, you're doing great! I'm gagging over here on the psyllium husks! So, thanks to you, tried the 2 Tablespoons! of ground flax in a little oatmeal...my colon was the size of an elephant trunk! And, on the night of the Well, no less:) Guts were rumbling! Anyway, not sick of the cran water yet b/c I'm pretty used to it, and not really craving sweets...have no clue how much I weigh, though, since I've been doing the Turbo Jam at home each morning so haven't been to gym to weigh in...but TJ is going great! I'm on day 8 or 9 and my abs are starting to gain definition. Just need to scrape all that 'coating' off so I can actually see them! You have some serious balls to put your measurements out 'there'! You are a better woman than I! That's why I love you! Keep going, champ! Love you! Ade xoxox

Mc Allen said...

yaaaaay your rocking along!! I just might get inspired, and this post was great!! ♥LA