Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Good Golly, Miss Molly!




Did anyone else's April fly by? Crazy how that happens.

So...in dating, I encountered the, "I have a fear of commitment and your having a kid intensifies it." Sheeeeesh. So I dealt with that and I'm (pretty much) over it. Lesson learned: someone's ideals don't necessarily indicate the state of their spiritual life & SLOW DOWN. So I've done a lot more thinking about Mr. Man of My Dreams. And the more I think about it, the more I want the quote on the right hand side of my blog to be true for me.

The end of the last dating relationship led me to ponder my future. And the fact that I don't know how long I'll be single. Which means that I need to prepare for being single for a long time. And so, ladies and gentlemen, I am going back to school!! I will be starting at Colorado Christian University in July (I'm pretty sure) to finish my BS in Organizational Management with an emphasis on Project Management. That, I will use in Go Green Clean (exciting things happening there!). And what I hope to do after I finish my Bachelor's, is to go to Denver Seminary to get my MA in Counseling. So right now I am applying for scholarships and financial aid. And if you'd like to contribute to my education, I'm totally fine with that. :)

Jackson is doing absolutely fantastic. He's a math superstar!! Takes after his Mama and his GDad in that area. He cracks me up regularly with his witty comments and comebacks. For instance: a couple of weeks ago, he had a friend over. This little guy DOES NOT LISTEN. It is exasperating. So, when we were getting ready to go to the skate park and I had told him 3 times to get his shoes on and go ask his Dad if he could go to the skate park and he STILL HADN'T DONE IT, I raised my voice and said, "Conner, GET YOUR SHOES ON AND ASK YOUR DAD IF YOU CAN GO!!!" Then Jackson looked at me, smiled, and said, "Wow Mom! You're a GREAT yeller!" and I stared at him with my mouth open trying to think of what to say...but he filled the silence with, "You should keep practicing! Practice, practice, practice and pretty soon you'll be able to scare me right up the stairs!". And then I just cracked up.

Jackson is now with George 3 weekends a month, which means that I've had to figure how to incorporate more fun into my life. :) I had my first golf lesson last Saturday and LOVED it! I meant to go to the driving range yesterday, but got caught on the phone. Next goal is to learn to rock climb. There are lots of indoor climbing centers here in Colorado so a friend of mine and I are going to be going soon. Jackson is learning to rock climb at school through the Outward Bound program and that is something I'd love for us to be able to do together. Every summer that I've lived in Colorado, I have vowed to go camping. NEVER HAPPENED. But, oh, it will be happening this summer. A friend of mine and her family go camping lots every summer and they invited me/us to go along anytime this summer. So I'll be going in June and I can't wait!!!

Yesterday I saw that they are preparing our pool for its opening over Memorial Day Weekend!! Hip-Hip-Hooray! I love summertime.

I promise to post the Identity devotional this week. :)

1 comment:

nancygrayce said...

Well, no wonder!!! You have been busy! It sounds like you are going in some new and exciting directions! And yes, a man should love the Lord first and then he'll be right for you....AND the right man will love your child! AND God will bring him (if that's His plan for you) in His time! Having been a single mama, I know how hard that waiting is, but believe me, it's so worth it!!!

I have been married almost 14 years to a wonderful, Christian man. After my first marriage, it was so hard for me to believe there was a man alive who didn't always blame, fight and all that. My husband is just a jewel!

That day will come! But in the meantime, you're going to be busy! Glad you're Held now and not Broken!!!