Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ah...Summertime











I've never experienced a more beautiful summer than the ones here in Colorado.

The 1st weekend of June I spent time with my single mom friends in Keystone at a condo that was generously lent to us.

The 2nd weekend Jackson and I went camping near Steamboat Springs...on a lake.

And this weekend we're heading up to Estes Park with my parents and my aunt from Pennsylvania.

I am so enjoying having Jackson home from school when I'm not working. On his first day of summer break, I set out construction paper, scissors, crayons, markers, a ruler, and tape. While I had my morning coffee, he created a dinosaur. I was so proud! We've spent a lot of days at our pool and one wonderful day at a park that has a creek running through it. While the kids searched for crawdads, the moms lounged on blankets and chatted up a storm (surprise, surprise!).

I don't want to waste a single day.

5 comments:

weavermom said...

Looks like you are having a fantastic summer!

Pam said...

My brother lived in Longmont for several years. I ABSOLUTELY loved vising Estes Park. It's beautiful.

nancygrayce said...

Looks and sounds like a great summer ahead!

Anonymous said...

You should really consider Jack's feelings and ask him how he would like to spend his summer. I am positive that he would love to spend a couple weeks at the shore.

Michelle (wife, mom, daughter, sister, friend, co-worker, and striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman) said...

I've missed following your blog. I've been out of blogland for almost a year. I so miss the healing of writing.
I love the way you spent your summer. Blessings...