Saturday, September 7, 2013

Operation Cruise Control

A couple months ago, I got an email from my newly engaged single mom friend, Shelly, invited me on her WEDDING CRUISE!  Awesome.  You know what is extra awesome??? I can actually afford to go and take Jackson with me! This is exciting on so many levels. 
1) Shelly is marrying Phil, who adores her, respects her, loves her, and treats her the way she deserves to be treated. 
2) Many of my other dear friends from Colorado will be going on the cruise, so this will a huge party and that doesn't happen in my life very often.
3) Jackson and I rarely get to go on a fun vacation together and neither of us has ever been on a cruise, so this is pretty flippin' amazing.
4) We are going to Belize, Honduras, and Cozumel and the whole shebang will be 7 nights. Say what??? A week-long vacation?! Yahoo!

There's just one problem. I don't feel all that confident in a bathing suit. Well, it's not just the suit. My clothes are pretty snug too, which is very uncomfortable. Can you relate? 

As if I really need a cruise to give me a reason to get back into shape. I don't. But man, it is a really good motivator. You know what else is a good motivator? A fitness partner. In 2009, I did Body For Life with my good friend, Nicky, and we killed it. Y'all, we got into awesome shape in 12 weeks!! I felt amazing. My clothes fit perfectly, my tummy was flat, my butt was up and round. I had endless energy and just had this air of confidence that I really, really miss. But I don't have a workout partner here in Austin. Sad, I know. You probably feel really sorry for me. Thanks. ;-)

So how about an online support group? I've been reading websites and pinning to Pinterest and getting excited about getting my rear in gear. Wanna join me? 

The thing is, losing fat and gaining muscle takes long, consistent effort. So in order to be successful in this support group, you've got to commit for 12 weeks. 84 days. I'm telling you, they'll fly by. Here's my plan:

Follow this fat loss template. Also follow Kelly Winter and Abel James. Record my meals and workouts/movement every day and share on my blog and Instagram. I'll also be sharing workouts and recipes I like on Pinterest. And I would love to see your favorite recipes and workouts, hear how you're doing, and cheer you on!

I think I might even post pictures. Might, I said.

So, what do you think?

Hello? Anyone, anyone? Bueller, bueller...

No comments: